Designing in Montana for over 30 years...
Douglas Claude Rhodes - Sunworks Architecture
SunWorks Architecture was established in 1982 by Douglas Claude Rhodes, Architect. SunWorks is a full service architectural firm specializing in exceptional energy efficient residential, commercial and civic design. Doug has designed many beautiful projects for regional environments.
Renovations of existing buildings is a specialty, transforming old and dark structures into exciting buildings filled with light and magic. Doug is licensed in Montana and Colorado. He is a certified member of the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, Longtime member of the American Solar Energy Society and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Why Hire an Architect?
So it's perfect the first time.
The design process is based on fulfilling your programs needs and budget. The 'Art of Architecture' is merged with construction techniques and details that will stand the test of time.
To save you money.
As your personal architect Douglas will design you a building that will save you money year after year. An energy efficient design, utilizing the latest advanced heating, ventilating, and cooling systems, with the most efficient insulating techniques.
To make the most of your land.
Proper siting and orientation of the building will optimize the solar gain, providing heat and light, while protecting the building from wind, rain, and snow.
To know you are safe.
Doug is known for his ability to communicate and work with the building trades. He encourages a 'team' approach on all projects and includes you in every decision. The choices you make together will keep you safe for years to come.
Featured in Timber Frame Homes, and Log Homes Magazine.
What You Can Expect from Sunworks:
- Initial design meetings with the owner to plan every detail of your project.
- We finalize the design prior to the construction documents.
- Precise construction documents will communicate your design to the contractor and sub contractors.
- Regular visits to the construction site to clarify any issues with the contractor and to insure compliance with the owners program.
- The Architect will guide and facilitate the construction process to completion of your project.